The Emily Carr University’s Production Services (ECUPS) provides the recording, editing, publishing and live web broadcasting of ongoing special events and lectures that take place at Emily Carr University. There is one student supervisor, one video editor and two camera operators (with two alternates), who also have experience with basic sound and lighting operation.
A one hour live talk includes the overall video production and coordination of the event:
- the setup and video recording of the event
- the post production editing, ensuring the video and audio quality
- the web publishing of the event to both broadcast and mobile formats
- Digital archiving and cataloging of the event.
- DVD authoring if requested
- the digital tape and the DVD disk(s)
Each hour of video or audio post-production and web publishing will be billed at $23.00 an hour per technician and does not include DVD disk(s). Live web streaming is billed at $23.00 per event. Weekend or evening rates are higher.